This afternoon we had our third appointment, and it was by far our best appointment because not only was it the shortest (about 15 minutes), but I had my favorite nurse again and we got to hear the heartbeat!!!! The nurse couldn't find it and told us not to worry she was sure the Doctor would be able to find it and then would poke fun at her because she couldn't find it, and she was right! The doctor seemed to have to search for a while, but seconds were feeling like minutes to me! They both kept finding my heartbeat, which was good I guess because at least we knew I was alive. At one point he says it has to be right in here and looked at Devin for assurance and I know we were both thinking, dude we don't have a clue what we are listening for. Anyways he found it and it was 160 beats per minute which he said was great! We only got to listen for about four seconds, which was kind of a bummer, but I think he had a delivery to get too because he seemed in a hurry and had scrubs on. It was such a relief hearing it and makes everything so more real! We really are having a baby! Oh, and it kinda creeped me out, but I am sure I will get over it!
After the appointment we went to dinner with Brett and Jess and then we pretty much finished up our Christmas shopping. Tomorrow I have to go get giftcards for my cousins and go to the grocery store (ugh, its going to be packed) and get us some food to eat!
Can't wait for Christmas Eve and Christmas! I think these next two days are going to be sooooooooo long!
4 comments:
Such a bummer that Dr. R was in such a big hurry but sooooo cool that you got to hear the heartbeat! I know you were super nervous but hopefully that brought you some relief and now you're just excited like the rest of us (not that you weren't!). I'm glad all went well (and that you didn't have to wait an hour and a half to get in!) and I cannot wait for Christmas Eve!!! Hurry up Christmas!
Tonight's the night!
I'm so happy for you guys and I', really happy that I heard the news before my sisters! I never asked you if you were going to find out what sex the baby is.
It depends on who you ask Karen! I say no, Devin says yes. We played rock, paper, scissors and he won so we will see. I don't think he is going to let me have a rematch because he is scared!
Post a Comment