Saturday, July 24, 2010

Alot of firsts

We have almost survived a month! It is hard to believe that Tori will be a month old this coming week! It is very exciting for us because she is starting to be more and more awake. We can't wait for her to be able to interact with us all the time. We are anxious for her to start sitting up, crawling, eating food, and all that stuff, which I know sounds crazy but we both like that age. I'm sure there will come a time that we wish she was little again though! I do love cuddling her!

First off, Kelly has posted the pictures of Tori! You can check some out on her blog at nickandkellymccormick.blogspot.com and there are more on her photography website, kellymccormickphotography.com She did awesome and I can't wait to get some! Kelly, I am already looking forward to her 6 month pictures!

Tori weighs almost 8 and a half pounds. I've been seeing a lactation specialist at least once a week so it is nice to be able to see how much she weighs. I'm struggling with low milk supply because my milk was delayed in coming in due to the c-section so if anyone has tips on how to boost milk supply please share! Tori is currently getting about 30% breastmilk which is awesome compared to what she started at and that doesn't include what she takes directly off the breast since you can't measure that. It is hard work to breastfeed her, then give her a bottle, then pump, it is a never ending cycle, but for some reason I will not give it up, maybe because I like a challenge or maybe because I know how good it is for both of us. The lactation consultant has told me everytime that I've seen her that Tori is so lucky that I work so hard to get her breastmilk and that most moms would have given up by now. It always makes me tear up for some reason! Stupid post-pregnancy hormones!

If everyone could say a little prayer for us this week we would appreciate it. Tori's belly button isn't healing properly. When we were at the doctor a little over a week ago she said if it was still oozing stuff out of it in a week or two to call and they would take a look at it again. She threw out the word surgrey like it was no big deal, but of course I am scared to death that it will come to that! They tried to cautrize it but that didn't work, hoping they can maybe try again? I'm calling the doctor on Monday or Tuesday so we should know more then.

Okay, now for the fun stuff! New pictures!


Mocha, the dirty diaper sniffing dog!

Sittin on her boppy!


She is finally big enough for her sleepers, although her feet are too big for some of them.

First trip to Olive Garden! Snoozed through the whole thing!

Tummy Time!

Not too big of a fan, however she can push herself onto her back.

Mocha keeping an eye on her.

Daddy showing Mocha some loving!

First time being submerged in a bathtub. She looks happy because this was the beginning of the bath. The window entertained her for a very short period of time.

Now shes mad! Look at that curly hair.

Happy bathtime is over!

Look at that hair!

First time with a pacifer. It has penguins on it which are my favorite! We are being very careful with the pacifer so she doesn't become addicted. She just gets it after meals when she still acts hungry, but isn't. It tides her over until her tummy tells her brain that she is full, that is if she takes it. She is smart enough to realize no milk comes out of it.

Devin has been cooking. This is a "fatty" which consists of a weave of bacon, then layers of whatever. This time Devin chose sausage, hasbrowns, eggs, and cheese. Then you smoke them for a few hours. Heart attack waiting to happen.

What it looks like after you roll it up to put on the grill.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow I got double-posts today with yours and with Kelly's! It MUST be a good day! :) I can't wait to come visit miss Tori again (and you guys too) because she has grown so much since I last saw her! Stupid work gets in the way of my Tori Time. I LOVE the picture of her with her towel on her head - way too cute. Can't wait to order some more pictures to show off!

Anonymous said...

Keep the pictures coming! I love them all. And all the professional pictures are amazing as well! I can't wait to get some!

xoxo
Rachel

The James Gang said...

Loved looking at the new pictures! I have to get the girls up to see Tori. They have been asking, but it seems that we're always running to go somewhere!!! She looks like she has a great personality!

Karen

Followers